Plano Community Library District
Horizontal Rule Horizontal Rule

Local History


Click on image to enlarge.

Maude Applegate Cook Henning

Maude Applegate Cook Henning at the checkout desk of Plano Community Library (formerly Little Rock Township Library). Mrs. Henning was the librarian from 1901 – 1951.

Maude Applegate Cook Henning

Maude Applegate Cook Henning in the Children’s Section of Plano Community Library (formerly Little Rock Township Library). Mrs. Henning was the librarian from 1901 – 1951.

Checkout Desk of Plano Community Library

Checkout Desk of Plano Community Library (formerly Little Rock Township Library).

Original Plano Train Depot

Original Plano Train Depot, circa 1900. Built 1854.

Plano Train Depot

Plano Train Depot, opened 1913.

Downtown Plano

Downtown Plano. Main Street looking east from intersection of West Street. Plano House Hotel on left.

Store on John Street, between Center and Hugh Streets

Store on John Street, between Center and Hugh Streets

The Stone Church

“The Stone Church”, the first building of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

William Hibbs

William Hibbs and a harvesting machine in Plano, Illinois

Big Rock Creek

Big Rock Creek or Drake's Dam, Plano, Illinois

« return to local history

 

Plano Library